If enabled in the Preferences (see pg 62), Billing types are what you’ll use to set basic billing and payment for different jobs. For example, a driver may be paid by the distance they cover in a day (per km), a packager may be paid by the weight of the things they handle (per g), or the usual dollars per hour for time may be paid.
1. To reach Billing Types Management, click on the Settings icon to open the Settings menu. Pick ‘Billing Types Management’ from the menu, to open up the subsection.
This section will display a list of all the defined types, including much of the associated information, such as any codes, units of measure (grams, kilometers, minutes, pages, etc) and of course the pay and bill rates.
2. To create a new Billing Type, click the ‘New Billing Type’ button and it will bring up the New Billing Type window. Billing Types Management
3. Fill in as many of the fields as you can. At a minimum, you’ll need to fill in the title, calculation, unit of measure, short (abbreviation of the unit of measure - for example kg for kilograms), bill rate (in dollars) and pay rate (in dollars). Click the ‘Create’ button to save this billing type.
Please note that the methods of calculation are limited to ‘hourly’ which is time-based (eg per time period), ‘flat’, which is assignment-based (eg the same price no matter how much time, amount, distance, etc), and ‘pieces’, which is output-based (eg per page, per item repaired, etc).
4. To edit a billing type, click on the ‘edit’ icon to the left of its entry. This will bring up the editor and allow you to change any aspects of the billing type. Clicking on any of the other text will bring you to an overview of that billing type.
5. To delete a Billing Type, click on the trash can icon () to the right of a listing. It will ask you to confirm your decision, and if so, click OK to proceed. If not, click ‘Cancel’ to go back without deleting it.