Lastly, let’s go back to the Personnel Profile and Personnel details for a moment, to talk about them in a little more depth.
There are a couple of things you can do which might not be immediately obvious (only enabled if the personnel has an email address and/or telephone number entered):
- Clicking on the X or check mark beside ‘Notify staff by Phone’ or ‘Notify staff by Email’ will enable or disable those functions. For instance if you don’t want them to be notified of new assignments at all, or don’t want them to be notified by either phone or email.
- The dropdown box beneath the ‘Gender’ field will determine if
you’d like this personnel member to book or request their own
- If set to ‘Cannot view open assignments’, this will hide the ‘Open Assignments’ tab in their Personnel Panel, preventing any kind of requesting or self-booking.
- If ‘Can request open assignments’ is selected, they will be able to request to work an open assignment, turning the tag yellow on your scheduler, and allowing you to decide if you’d like them assigned to it.
- Lastly, if it’s set to ‘Can book self to open assignments’, then instead of simply ‘requesting’ to work an assignment, turning it yellow, this will book them to the assignment without any need for administrator action, turning it blue directly.
- Clicking the ‘Send Welcome Email’ button will send a Welcome email to this person’s listed email address, which includes a url to log in to their personnel portal, as well as their login username and password.
- On the right is a quick chart of top 10 locations this personnel has worked at, based on the number of times they’ve worked there.
- The Second Personnel ID is simply a way for you to define different IDs per-location, if that’s how business is done. Some clients have their own IDs that they assign contractors, and in that case, you can define those IDs here.
Everything is saved automatically, so you have no need to worry about losing changes.